January tends to be a difficult month for many of us – as the holiday spirit comes to an end, we’re forced to confront our bills, diet, and return to some parts of our lives that may not be completely satisfying or where we would like them to be.
The chakra that tends to be the most distorted in January is the sacral chakra – this is the energy center associated with our emotions and food choices. It’s very feminine in nature but every chakra has a yin/yang balance that is necessary for it to function effectively and the sacral chakra tends to become too yin due to over-indulging during the holidays.
Here are some ways to heal this chakra and your overall energy system in January:
- Detox – cut out or drastically reduce refined sugar, caffeine, alcohol and any other irritants to your system. Step up on your organic veggies, fruits and water intake. Try consuming natural detox beverages like lemon water and cayenne or ginger tea and apple cider vinegar.
- Exercise – get moving. If you weren’t active during the holidays, there can be an excess of yin in your system that makes you feel more sluggish and slowed down. Exercising can assist in bringing forth more yang to balance your body and energy fields.
- Meditate – this will assist you in better handling any stress or anxieties that might come up as you contemplate moving forward in the new year.
- Create a visualization board or list of goals – include things that you would like to accomplish or that keep you motivated. It could include trips you want to take or things you’d like to manifest for yourself. I personally like creating a visualization board or book because you can include pictures – visual representations are known to more readily influence the subconscious mind and engage the law of attraction.
- Get energy healing – especially if you are having a hard time breaking through holiday habits or are anxious about the New Year and need some clarity on moving forward.
- Spend time relaxing – the holidays can be hectic and you may need some “me time” to do things like reading or going to a spa for a relaxing massage. Feed your spirit.
- Be patient with yourself – whatever your goals are coming out of the holidays, be patient with yourself. Remember it’s about progress, not perfection.